Wednesday, March 11, 2009

February 5th



February 5th was the luckiest day of my life. That afternoon, I got a call from the Local Dance Commissioning Project (LDCP). I have been awarded a grant to premier "The Mountain" at The Millennium Stage of The Kennedy Center this coming fall. The good news didn't stop there, my Director Paul called me that night and told me to mark this day February 5th! because aside from winning the grant, he has just been notified that I was chosen as one of the finalists for The Mayor's Arts Awards for Outstanding Emerging Artist of Washington DC. The winner will be determined on March 23rd and all the fingers in my hands are crossed. It was a great feeling to be honest because 2 days before this event I twisted my sacrum during the re-staging of Paul Taylor's piece "Last Look." I was petrified and was scared to death. I literally could not stand up and can barely walk. Even after I got out of the physical therapy I thought it will take me months to recover. Miraculously, I was able to dance on February 5th, lucky day, hu?

No comments: