Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2009 Metro DC Dance Awards


The Annual Metro DC Dance Awards were held at the Terrace Theatre of the Kennedy Center on September 14th. I was stunned to win the "Outstanding Individual Performance" award for my performance of "Nocturne Monologue" by Jason Hartley at the Kennedy Center last year. What made this more special was that this award was presented jointly to myself and my fellow CityDance Ensemble dancer Delphina Parenti for her performance in "On a Train Heading South" in CityDance Ensemble's "The Songwriters" at the Music Center at Strathmore. I honestly went to the awards ceremony to enjoy the show, mingle with friends, see new and different artists and have an excuse to dress up nicely. Nonetheless, it was such a great honor to be recognized by the Washington DC Metropolitan area dance community.

No comments: